Sunday 19 February 2017

Reboot

At the beginning of the new millennium, I started a website called the Ulster Chess Chronicle. It was a mix of chess results, news, articles and history. More recently I hived off the contemporary reporting into another blog, NI Chess News.

I've now decided to reboot the history part here. Like any re-imaging, it will look and feel a bit different from the original. The main change is the Chronology section, which will be a year-by-year account of over 100 years of Ulster chess up to the end of the 20th Century. The detailed results for events post 1999 will be gathered in the 21st Century Section.

My present intention is to incorporate all the old material here. However my research into these topics is continuing and the material will often appear in a revised form and dealt with in greater depth. Also I will take the opportunity to present brand new material on the history of Ulster chess. 

Edited 1st January 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment